Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July









This is what you get when you watch Kung Fu Panda right before you journey into the woods.




We spent the 4th of July in Welches. It's about 45 minutes East of Portland at the foot of Mount Hood. Dave and Lindsay were married there a few sort years ago. It is one of the most beautiful places we have ever been. We spent the week with Heather's parents, her sister and brother-in-law, and their fine pooch JD. We stopped by the coast, watched the fire works at Sandy High School, hung out in and amazing rental on the river, fished, and hiked on some of the most beautiful trials anywhere (not strenuous, just beautiful).

9 comments:

Richard, Ashley and Ben said...

OW OW OW!!! Finally more pictures. I want to crop myself into them so I can make up some stories and just think to myself,"man...ya that really was a great trip...especially when Matthew caught that fish with his crotch...I can only hope for so much with Ben." And please obnoxiously maul that lidda baby's cheekins for me, and just like I would do it so he knows who it's from. You'll know he gets it when he gives you a tiny back handed slap. Then...and only then...

Brady and Brooke said...

Nice fish!

LaDawn said...

I love the outting and all the great family time. Looks like you all had fun. Lots of smiles and fish and nature. What more could you ask for.

Christy said...

Hey Nelsons!!! We'd lost track of you after you left Sacramento (I think!) Found your link on a "dubliner's" blog and had to check it out! Hope you are doing well up there in the beautiful greenery... we are in Phoenix and sweltering 24 hours a day right now! Come visit us anytime online at www.az6pack.blogspot.com.

Christy Wanlass

ermakaluso said...

What a beautiful place! I love all of the pictures except for the fish. It was so great to see Bailey. (I have a little report on my blog if you want to take a peek. She is getting so tall!)

Kristine said...

Looks like a wonderful family trip. Love the family picture!

Sara said...

wow! it is so green. very pretty. your family looks so cute and happy. i'm glad you are having so much fun. your baby looks just like matt to me...but i have only seen a couple pics. he is adorable. so sweet. you need to come visit already. let us us know when you are coming.

Margaret said...

Super fun!☺

I like the kung fu moves!

LisaLong said...

Wow! That is beautiful!

I love the kung fu panda moves! I downloaded the kung fu fighting song from itunes, and play it in the car. My kids do all these kung fu moves while strapped into their seats. It is pretty hilarious!