Monday, May 12, 2008

And then there was five!!!








Jacob Andrew Nelson was born at 11:42am on May 12th, 2008. He is 7 lbs 13 ounces and 19 & 1/2 inches long. Heather had been having contractions that were progressing for the past two weeks and this morning at 3:45am she had had enough. We were at the hospital by 7:30am and were given our sweet little miracle only a few hours later. He was very alert and has a sweet and calm disposition. If I wasn't in the room when he was born I might have thought they switched our child with another little boy. Grandma Jill brought all the kids over to the hospital at about 4pm. Matthew pulled a Jedi mind trick on the receptionist and was able to sneak in some nun chucks. After all, what else does a ninja give his little brother on his birthday? Bailey and Mackenzie both had tons of fun holding him and were beaming like the sun. Samantha kept whining that she wanted her little brother Jakey to come home. She is quite protective of him already. Heather did great through it all and is already chomping at the bit to get home. She will spend the night and be home tomorrow. We are blessed to have another healthy little baby!

12 comments:

Andria said...

Congratulations! To have a baby in the future is especially cool! ( You might want to check his birth-date on your blog!)So glad all is well!

Robert and Tannya said...

He is adorable. What a cute family you all are. I am so glad for Heather to have him on the outside. Congrats....

Margaret said...

Yeah for the Nelsons! Very cute little boy....how nice that he is so calm. That is an anomoly in in our home. Congratulations!

Mikkyn said...

Congratulations Heather! You're whole family is sooo cute! What a lucky little boy!

Straight up whitnasty! said...

I love that name! P.s. I'm on the phone with mom right now, and she just admited to me that she snuck the nun chucks in. WOuldn't she get like 5 to 10 for assisting a minor ninja?? ANyways, congrats I love you and hope I get to see you soon!

Tania said...

Congratulations! How exciting! So glad that all is well. What a beautiful family!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Heather and family! He is so darn cute and sweet!

Grayson Family said...

Congratulations everyone. I can't believe you have had another one and I haven't even met Sammy yet! I need to come to OR.

Lulu the Baker said...

He looks like a Nelson! Congratulations guys!

Audrey and the Boys said...

What a sweet little guy! Congratulations! I am sure that both Mathew's are thrilled to have another boy in the house! Jacob and Andrew are the names that I helped pick for both of my little brothers. Great choice for the name! Have fun with the sweet little one!

Katrina said...

Congratulations you guys! Heather, I can't believe you have FIVE babies, CRAZY! You are the best mommy and little Jacob is one lucky little guy to have joined your family. Wish we were closer to have a peek at him in person but we love that we can still see pics on the blog. Thinking about you, Heather and I'll give you a call when things have settled down. Love you guys!

Kristen said...

Congrats you guys. You have such an adorable family.